sabato 18 gennaio 2014

preparing the 2nd speech

Good speech organization is esential if my audience is to follow and understand my presentation. I took the time and put my ideas in an orderly manner. I organized my speech and choosed the outline that best suits my topic. In 5 minutes I'm practicing to deliver my speech, so I know it well enough that I can glance up from my notes and look at my audience as I speak.

 The opening should catch the audience's attention,

 the body must to support the idea I want to convey, and
 the conclusion should reinforce my ideas and be memorable.
Transitions between thoughts should be smooth.

         My speech is not a mystery story. 

         The topic this time is based on the essential principles of the Gurdjieff Teaching:
human beings have three primary centers or functions - mental, emotional and physical (thinking, feeling and sensory/moving). What needs to be added to this basic knowledge is that each of the centers can be experienced in association with a specific region of the physical body.
I will position my visual aids so that I never turn my back to my audience.
The physical or sensing/moving center can be experienced as being centered in the navel region.
The emotional or feeling center can be experienced as being centered in the solar plexus region.
The thinking or knowing center can be experienced as being centered in the head.

It must be remembered that these three centers are centered in these three locations, but that the functions themselves are spread throughout and around the physical form.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento