venerdì 7 marzo 2014

Cartea mea de căpătâi (preparing TMs' 3rd project)

Toastmasters teaches me that every speech of mine must have an objective that is based on a general purpose: to inform, to persuade, to entertain, to inspire,
and a specific purpose: what I want the audience to do after listening to my speech. 
And here I am at the preparation of the "Get to the Point" project, the 3rd out of 10. 
Manualul CC este cartea mea de căpătâi. I want the Competent Communicator Award :) 

I adopted the practice of determining my puprose before writing anything else, and this helps me to write down clear ideas and after to say them in an easier way that I thought. 
So, I decided to debunk a myth.  
This time I'll discuss an issue that's important to me and has influenced me somehow. Love.
And I'm reading something very different from what I've read before about this feeling: "The Game" by Neil Strauss. 
And in this book I found this: 
We have this idea that love is supposed to last forever. But love isn't like that. It's a free-flowing energy that comes and goes when it pleases. Sometimes, it stays for life; other times it stays for a second, a day, a month or a year. So don't fear love when it comes simply because it makes you vulnerable. But don't be surprised when it leaves either. Just be glad you had the opportunity to experience it.
Can I get to the point in a single simple sentence about this topic that is too broad? Yes, I can! My time is limited, I have 5min and 45 seconds (stay away from the yellow plackard).. it's veeeeery chalenging. 
The choice is one: to do it! 

Meanwhile I'm preparing my speeches and the country position inside of the FAO delegation where I represent Luxembourg 
for the RomeMUN project that will be held in Rome from 13th to 17th of March. 







Nessun commento:

Posta un commento